GENERAL QUESTIONS ON WORSHIP
What should I wear?
- That’s up to you. We do not have a dress code. Members of Gethsemane choose to worship in the clothes that they feel comfortable in-whether it’s a suit, dress, business casual, or casual attire, it’s your choice.
Where do I enter?
- From the front street you will see entrance doors into the building, a big red one at the top of the stairs and double glass doors to the right lower side. Most of the time enter at the glass doors to the right unless the big red doors are open, then enter there also. On Sundays a “greeter” will welcome you to the church. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask them. They will be happy to help.
What are the differences between your Joy, Java, Jesus and Traditional worship?
- You can click here to see the differences.
Can anyone participate in communion?
- We believe that Christ is truly present in this meal of bread and wine. All who share this belief and are baptized are welcome at the table. Children and adults who do not receive the sacrament are welcome to come forward for a blessing.
Should I bring anything to church, like a Bible?
- You need bring nothing but your family and yourself to worship!
GENERAL QUESTIONS ON CHILDREN IN WORSHIP
If I have little children, where should we sit?
- Sit anywhere but we have learned that is you sit with them up front, they can see and will be more engaged and interested in what is going on.
If my children get restless or noisy during church, what should I do?
- Nothing, but if you feel like you need to excuse yourself with them, there is a room for our youngest or those in need of a break right next to the sanctuary where you will find toys, snacks and rocking chairs.
Is there a nursery or day care?
- No, we do not have a nursery or daycare, just the children’s room mentioned above.
Is there a place where I can change diapers?
- Yes! There is a changing table in the family bathroom on the lower level and one in the room off the sanctuary.
Are there children friendly parts to the service?
- Yes! Our Joy, Java, Jesus service is designed to have children there!
GENERAL FACILITY QUESTIONS
Where do I enter?
- From the front street you will see entrance doors into the building, a big red one at the top of the stairs and double glass doors to the right lower side. Most of the time enter at the glass doors to the right unless the big red doors are open, then enter there also. Come on up the stairs where you will find us along with coffee and food and people to answer your questions.
Where are the restrooms?
- They are on the lower level to the rear of the building. There is also one off of the back right of the Narthex, across from the elevator. Use them at any time.
Where should I park?
- Anywhere on the streets is fine. We do have five spaces across the street on the left hand side as you enter the parking lot. We now have a beautiful parking lot at the rear of the church, on Penacook St. From Elm Street, turn onto Sagamore Street. Make your first right onto Chestnut St and then left onto Penacook St. The parking lot in on the left halfway down the block. There is a side entrance to the church from the parking lot that leads to the handicap elevator and stairway to the upstairs Café area and Sanctuary. If you need to use the handicap entrance, please use the handicapped parking in either the front or back of the building.
Where do I sit if I am in a wheelchair?
- There is room in the front of the pews, feel free to sit up there, ask an usher and they can help.